Saturday 30 April 2016

The Ways Of Hitchcock

I have just looked at an interesting article on the internet called "10 Things You Didn't Know About Alfred Hitchcock", after Seb encouraged me to look into the way that he deals with his actors. I've gotta say, it sounds like he really cared about what he was making.

The article states that Hitchcock liked to pull off cruel jokes on the actors he worked alongside with. These jokes were often very elaborate and played with their fears, his most famous being when he made a bet with a crew member to spend the night on a scary film set chained to a camera for their salary. Hitchcock also hated working with Jimmy Stewart, blaming him for "Vertigo"s poor performance at the box office.

Having read into his experience, it's time I myself stopped playing safe and polite when working. If an actor gets anything wrong, it's obviously their fault. I will keep pushing and pushing them until the very end, and if they think I am disruptive or invasive then it shouldn't be my problem but theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment