Friday 29 April 2016

FMP Filming Development

Over the course of this week I have been thinking about refining my script. Tom has overlooked it and told me that it didn't follow the structure that he wanted, The Hero's Journey to be specific, whereas Ian accused the dialogue and acting of being too repetitive.

With their help, the script has been updated and I feel like it's much much stronger than it was before. Tom has taught me the key fundamentals to a main protagonist: they are in some kind of bad point in their life, and are suddenly thrust into this new world that has several tests, allies and enemies. But then there comes the point where they realise their faults and strive to overcome the problem. The beginning and end must be similar but with different emotional values. This is what my script has now become and it feels great; any future projects that I take on will follow this structure if needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment