Tuesday 26 April 2016

FMP Progress: New Camera

Yesterday I tested a Canon 700D Camera with a Hotshoe Mount Microphone. In comparison to my own camera the frame rate and picture quality felt so much better, like it was an actual professional film; the sound was a lot better aswell because the microphone allowed greater control over my chosen subject. You can see the footage I got here at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWzoKPOVVWc. All faces have been attempted to be blurred so as to protect these peoples' identity.

One thing that I have noticed is that the microphone feels so much more focused when there isn't any background noise. Even on -10db, the lowest it could go, there was chatter being picked up from all around the place (even though it wasn't as loud as the subject the microphone was aimed at). Since my film takes place in a commonly-isolated area, this is unlikely to happen, so there's still a good chance that this can work.

No comments:

Post a Comment