Sunday 31 January 2016

Freedom & Liberty: "Updates"

Well this sucks.

My plan for Freedom & Liberty is to make a film on location in various parts of London. So far it has proven to be a nightmare.

Firstly, I cannot believe that we only get given two weeks to pull it off. I've used the first week to generate ideas and yesterday I went out to photograph suitable locations to help, but now I only have one week to create a storyboard, assemble a cast and go off to film it, and I know this is going to be tricky because everyone around me that I know will be very busy with what they're doing. If I am going to make a fresh, clean and convincing storyboard, I'll need way much more time than this. Here is part of that storyboard and it looks absolutely terrible, because it is being rushed just for the sake of meeting an unreasonable deadline.

The only project that I have really found any joy in so far this term is the advertising campaign from the first week. It was fun because I felt like our ideas were more fresh and more thought out as a team. With more people on hand we could work faster and reflect ideas off one another in order to create a genuine final product. The title sequence project was fun to a certain extent. The two week deadline put me alone under too much pressure, and thus my final outcome was rushed and sloppy and everybody hated it.

Don't say that these storyboards "Have a unique style" or "They have a charm to them". They're rubbish and you know it, and it's because this pressure is too unnecessary. I do, however, look forward to the Final Major Project. We have been encouraged to think about it for a while now and I feel like my idea is coming along nicely. All I'll need before actually filming it is to work out how I'm going to obtain the props and cast necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment