Monday 19 October 2015

Lens Based Media Pathway Day 1 - Drawing and Making Task


The first day of the Lens Based Media pathway involved us producing a series of practical drawings in numerous ways. They ranged from (in order from ascending to descending) Shadow Drawing, Watercolour, Stencilling, Drawing with a material other than a pen/pencil, Drawing with popcorn, Gifs and Clay.













My work has most recently been criticised for being too controlled in nature, and less messy/freeform. Graphic novel artists, however, require patience and attention to detail, and it's these two qualities that evoke respect from me.










I enjoyed the Life Drawing workshop from 3 weeks ago because much of my results were surreal but convincing and unique in their own ways. This, however, was too messy and too quick, and it's the sort of thing that doesn't appeal to me.















My favourite piece out of these was the Shadow Drawing of Naim at the very top. I felt like I took on a more dynamic visual approach when compared to the others, and it stands out for it's sinister atmosphere, almost like a Bond villain or grand sculpture. The brief required us to work with ink, so my fineliners did the trick.














No comments:

Post a Comment