Friday 16 October 2015

Graphics Rotation: Adobe Illustrator Workshop

During the Graphics rotation we had a day where we worked on Adobe Illustrator to try and produce a logo. Sadly, I failed to save my work on the day due to difficulties with my computer, but I feel that I've successfully recreated what I thought were good designs.















I had fun playing around with all the various tools that Illustrator had to offer. They were useful for simplistic logo designs, tools such as Shapes and Strokes which helped to create broad plains. My favourite feature of all was the Graphic Pattern colour palette, which let me produce an assortment of patterns which mime that of the likes of Roy Lichtenstein. Colour was also a key component in the making of these, as it helped to give each design a more unique outlook.







As much as I had fun though, I do not really aspire to be a logo designer. Logos are often geared more towards commercial and advertising purposes, advertising a subject that I find to be monotonous and unmotivating. I far prefer telling stories or visualising concepts, such as for graphic novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment