Friday 4 March 2016

Gallery Visits: Alec Soth and Crime Museum Uncovered

Yesterday I went to two exhibitions: Gathered Leaves by Alec Soth and The Crime Museum Uncovered at the Museum Of London. I loved them both equally and they have helped to generate more script ideas (and maybe the chance to include some props in my film too).

Alec Soth really manages to give his subjects and settings a personality, primarily through structure and angles. Much of his photos felt real for the way that they captured the feeling of the scenery and made me feel like I knew what was happening, his Minnesota photos most notably.

The Crime Museum was really awesome. It has inspired me to heighten the intensity of the setting in which my film takes place. My favourite artefacts being a knife disguised as lipstick and a kitchen knife disguised as a shotgun. These are all everyday objects being used for villainous purposes, which really makes you feel unsettled that what you're comfortable with can swiftly be used against you. This could be something as simple as a door key or a kitchen knife.











No comments:

Post a Comment