Tuesday 8 March 2016

FMP: Further Idea Generation



Taking into account the brutal context of my Final Major Project, I have decided to look back on a viral video that I discovered around a year ago. This video was a fight between a man and a woman on a subway train in New York, and what I find particularly interesting about it is that there was a deep and compelling background to it. There were many moral decisions that the victims and passengers could choose to make or not, and while some decisions made were horrible and violent, you could clearly tell which side was which and who you should really be rooting for. It had both people getting involved to try and break up the fight - uncaring of their own physical wellbeing - and people who just stood back and did nothing to help, the cameraman even chuckling out loud and making inappropriate remarks. It was a gruesome yet compelling spectacle which is why it sticks in my memory and why I think it could serve as a positive influence to my own film.

I have printed out the article from New York Post and underlined what I thought could be interesting plot points to incorporate into my film. You can see the actual fight taking place here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb4rImsph0

No comments:

Post a Comment