Friday 11 September 2015

V&A What Is Luxury? Exhibit Review

Despite being very small, What Is Luxury? had several items on display that didn't fail to catch my eye. What I found interesting about most of the exhibits was their movement and deconstruction, the latter being commonplace in the 10:1 scale model of a Calibre 1731 Watch Cross-Section; I enjoyed observing all the detail and what made it tick (literally). You really begin to appreciate the world so much more when you pay attention to details such as this.

What enthrals me about Art & Design the most is the way that it can deceive everyday reality, influencing a new-found view on life. This means that not everything in this world is made for a single solitary purpose, the jellyfish in Steffan Dam's Jellyfish Installation (2010) being a positive example.

I would definitely recommend you going to see What Is Luxury?. Each exhibit is fascinating for both it's structure and innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment