Tuesday 29 September 2015

Fashion & Textiles Day 2







Today we had to bring in an A4 copy of our favourite art piece, and we made 6 "experiments" from them on A6 paper. The piece I chose was "Scarlet Wind" by Daniel Conway (http://danielconway.artworkfolio.com/gallery/317018#9), which I like for it's fragile composition and lavishing colour. The first A6 experiment I did mimics the umbrella, and I made it by wetting the paper, crumpling it, unfolding it, tearing it in some places and then colouring it with my Tomboy Manga Dual Brush pens.

The repeat pattern at the bottom was part of the painting that I had using a viewfinder, and this was part of the garment. I enjoyed much of the results I got out of this experimental day, although the fashion industry isn't something I really want to go into. This is because I'm far more interested in communicating narratives and ideas (i.e. Illustration/Animation).

No comments:

Post a Comment