Wednesday 25 November 2015

RSA Animation Progress: Realisation Of Time

Much to my surprise, I have successfully sketched out the outlines for most of the frames of my animation for "Building Possible Futures". As of now I aim to have them all drawn out by tomorrow at midday, and tomorrow afternoon I can have a go at compositing them all and adding sound. This may continue into Friday morning.

As I've been working though, I feel as if there's something that's been holding me back, yet I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. I've just now realised what it might be: the time. Yes, I am aware that we don't have to complete the entire thing by Friday, but with two other animations that I'm making that are currently in progress, as well as having to submit my UCAS application soon, I may not get another chance to further pursue it; this is why I aim to get it done by Friday, to make way for more important matters.
I love the sound of working with a client's idea and putting it to my own vision. Graphic novel illustration is the sort of thing I'd like to go into for a living, but for the most part I feel like I'm not good at writing, so I aim to collaborate with an author. This progression week project has been good so far because it really puts me to that test of working alongside someone who also has a particular vision, but one week doesn't feel like sufficient time to carry out research, make observational drawings and visual moodboards, design characters and settings for reference, and then make a complete storyboard out of that. I feel bad having only spent one day doing the storyboard. If I had three days at the very least, I would have more time to better think about what I'm making and keep refining it. The same applies to the entire project, in which it's best for things to gradually keep building up.

No comments:

Post a Comment